Reset is an exciting new crowd-funded project being developed by two-man Finnish studio Theory Interactive Ltd.
Reset is a “sci-fi noir, a mystery, a first person puzzle game.” in which the core mechanic is that the player can rewind time and complete puzzles in collaboration with themselves. The player will solve a piece of a puzzle, then “reset” to a pre-determined point and complete a second portion of the puzzle while their character redoes the first piece. The team have said that more complex puzzles will require more than two versions of the player at work. The story progression is tied to your completion of the puzzles.
The Indiego page lists the main features of the game as:
- Unique single player co-op mechanic with 33 individual puzzles to solve
- Gorgeous 16 square km open world island to explore and get lost in
- Smart, haunting but beautiful storyline
- True next gen immersive PC experience enabled by in-house tech Praxis including:
- Physically based multilayered materials
- True HDR rendering
- Volumetric lighting
- Dynamic day and night cycles with accurate star positions
- Dynamic weather effects including highly realistic cloud simulation, rain and fog with varying density
- High quality multichannel audio
Reset also contains bits of information and story scattered around the volcanic island in the Galapagos which are collectable. It’s is 6 hours at base length, though the player’s exploration will lengthen this time significantly. Reset will feature Oculus Rift support, and is being created by a two person team using an in-house development engine called Praxis.
PC System Requirements have not been revealed yet and support for the game on the Xbox One and PS4 has been discussed, but not determined.
As an added bonus for those interested enough to donate to the team’s €65,000 goal, donors will receive two copies of the game.
Reset is nearing its goal on Indiego, but with just over 58 hours to go, the team still needs another 23,000 Euros to reach their goal. Check out or donate to Reset here.