Team17 has announced that Unicube’s post-apocalyptic survival game, Sheltered, will be available to download for Xbox One, PS4, PC, Mac and Linux on March 15.
After a global apocalypse, a frightened family find their way to a deserted nuclear shelter. Players are tasked with protecting four family members, managing their well-being and ensuring their survival as they battle mental and physical illness while braving the harsh realities of the post apocalyptic wasteland they now inhabit. To do this you need to turn the ramshackle shelter into a proper home by sending it’s inhabitants out into the wastes to scavenge for vital supplies.
However, make one mistake, one bad decision and a loved one is gone, forever. Sheltered is a world where death is permanent, and how you react to the many moral choices you encounter will be the difference between survival and death.
According to the press release Sheltered will feature –
• Family comes first: Keep your family alive and protect them from the ravages of the harsh post-apocalyptic world
• Pets: Your pet is family too. Choose between the dog, cat, fish, snake or horse
• Make the shelter a home: Maintain your shelter – keep it secure, habitable and make sure that the family have enough resources to survive. Protect your shelter from hazards and infiltration!
• Crafting system: Create comforts for your family’s shelter and weapons for combat
• Customisation: Your family is unique to you; you decide their gender, names and their appearance
• Exploration: Send out your family to explore and gather resources for everyday living and crafting
• Recruitment system: Recruit outsiders with different personalities, integrate them into your shelter life and earn their loyalty
• RPG mechanics: As your family develop, their stats will adapt with an evolving experience and trauma system. Attributes, strengths and weaknesses will dynamically change based on your choices
• Dynamic encounter system: Your family will encounter various threats including roaming factions and feral beasts
• Turn-based combat: For those that cannot be reasoned with, violence can be used as a last resort. Your family may depend on it
• Vehicles: Make exploration quicker and safer
• Bloodlines: Extend your family lineage
Check out the latest trailer below.