The trademark for Blacksite: Area 51 has been renewed in the United States Patent and Trademark Office by Warner Bros. Games.
Midway originally filed for the Blacksite: Area 51 trademark back in 2006, which was followed by the release of the FPS of the same name a year later for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC. Warner Bros. Games has since acquired the Area 51 license back in 2009, after purchasing the majority of the company assets from former developer Midway Games.
At this time there are no other details on if there is another Area 51 title being released, what developers would be working on the game, or what platforms the title will be released on.
Thanks to IGN.com for breaking this news.
Persona 5 Royal Releases Early Next Year
Atlus USA has announced the western release date for Persona 5 Royal.
During the Atlus Art Show in Los Angeles, artist Shigenori Soejima discussed his work on both the Persona and Catherine series. Additionally, Atlus presented a short trailer with the release date of (the northern hemisphere’s) spring 2020 at the end. That means the game should launch at some point between March and May next year.
Persona 5 originally came out in western territories on April 4, 2017 for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. Persona 5 Royal will be an enhanced re-release with new content, including new scenarios, attacks, and music.
Persona 5 Royal will release on October 31 in Japan and Spring 2020 in the west for PlayStation 4.
- Persona 5 Royal Releases Early Next Year on
- New Saints Row Is “Deep In Development” on
- Everspace Developer Teases New Open-World Space Shooter on
- SEGA Will Announce a AAA Title at Gamescom 2019 on
- The Outer Worlds: Players Can Kill Everyone, But Creating So Many Variables Is ‘Insanely Hard’ on
- E3 Website Contained Public Spreadsheet of Over 2,000 Attendees’ Personal Information on
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey’s Dive into Mythology Alleviates Its Greatest Misstep on
- GreedFall Announces Pre-Order Bonuses and 4K Support on