Bad news for the two Bohemia Interactive employees imprisoned in Greece. According to a report by Rozhlas, translated by Eurogamer, Ivan Buchta and Martin Pezlar have now been denied appeal, after being detained for over 70 days in Greece over spying allegations.
The two developers, who Bohemia Interactive say were holidaying on the island of Lemnos at the time, have had to wait two weeks longer than usual to hear the negative verdict of their appeal due to worker strikes affecting the Greek legal system. The two are now awaiting trial, and face up to 20 years in jail if found guilty of espionage.
According to Ivan Buchta’s father Miloslav, the conditions in the prison are unpleasant: “They’re in a cell with over 25 people, they sleep on the ground,” Miloslav said, “They have food twice a day.”
A mother of one of the pair has revealed that their morale has slipped: “Our boys no longer tell us on the phone that it’s alright, that they’re handling it. After the court’s decision we only hear from them something that no parent ever wants to hear: Mom, dad, please save us.”
Support for the pair continues to flow from the ArmA and Operation Flash Point community through the website http://www.helpivanmartin.org/, which has a list of steps to take to show support for the two developers.
Persona 5 Royal Releases Early Next Year
Atlus USA has announced the western release date for Persona 5 Royal.
During the Atlus Art Show in Los Angeles, artist Shigenori Soejima discussed his work on both the Persona and Catherine series. Additionally, Atlus presented a short trailer with the release date of (the northern hemisphere’s) spring 2020 at the end. That means the game should launch at some point between March and May next year.
Persona 5 originally came out in western territories on April 4, 2017 for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. Persona 5 Royal will be an enhanced re-release with new content, including new scenarios, attacks, and music.
Persona 5 Royal will release on October 31 in Japan and Spring 2020 in the west for PlayStation 4.
- Persona 5 Royal Releases Early Next Year on
- New Saints Row Is “Deep In Development” on
- Everspace Developer Teases New Open-World Space Shooter on
- SEGA Will Announce a AAA Title at Gamescom 2019 on
- The Outer Worlds: Players Can Kill Everyone, But Creating So Many Variables Is ‘Insanely Hard’ on
- E3 Website Contained Public Spreadsheet of Over 2,000 Attendees’ Personal Information on
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey’s Dive into Mythology Alleviates Its Greatest Misstep on
- GreedFall Announces Pre-Order Bonuses and 4K Support on