Following the reveal that Battlefield V will be receiving a post-launch single-player campaign titled ‘The Last Tiger’, DICE design director Eric Holmes has confirmed the campaign will be a “German war story.”
Building on Battlefield V‘s E3 single-player hype, DICE promised a multitude of interconnecting vignettes to build the foundation of its single-player campaign. These stories, titled ‘War Stories’, will be in five parts. DICE has already revealed two War Stories, including ‘Nordlys’ and ‘Under No Flag’.
So far, the campaigns appear to indicate that DICE is pushing into underrepresented areas of WWII. ‘Nordlys’, for example, is a Nordic perspective on the war. ‘Under No Flag’, by contrast, moves into the brutal campaigns of North Africa, and ‘The Last Tiger’, as confirmed by Holmes on Twitter, will be from a German perspective:
Yes, "The Last Tiger" is a German war story.
— Eric Holmes (@ericholmeslive) September 8, 2018
Further details have come out today, too, stating that ‘The Last Tige’r takes place in the twilight of the war. Players will assume the role of the leader of a German tank battalion as its members collectively consider defection. While the other four stories will be available day one, ‘The Last Tiger’ is set to be release at a later, currently unspecified date.
Persona 5 Royal Releases Early Next Year
Atlus USA has announced the western release date for Persona 5 Royal.
During the Atlus Art Show in Los Angeles, artist Shigenori Soejima discussed his work on both the Persona and Catherine series. Additionally, Atlus presented a short trailer with the release date of (the northern hemisphere’s) spring 2020 at the end. That means the game should launch at some point between March and May next year.
Persona 5 originally came out in western territories on April 4, 2017 for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. Persona 5 Royal will be an enhanced re-release with new content, including new scenarios, attacks, and music.
Persona 5 Royal will release on October 31 in Japan and Spring 2020 in the west for PlayStation 4.
- Persona 5 Royal Releases Early Next Year on
- New Saints Row Is “Deep In Development” on
- Everspace Developer Teases New Open-World Space Shooter on
- SEGA Will Announce a AAA Title at Gamescom 2019 on
- The Outer Worlds: Players Can Kill Everyone, But Creating So Many Variables Is ‘Insanely Hard’ on
- E3 Website Contained Public Spreadsheet of Over 2,000 Attendees’ Personal Information on
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey’s Dive into Mythology Alleviates Its Greatest Misstep on
- GreedFall Announces Pre-Order Bonuses and 4K Support on