Pixel Bomb Games aims to bring back 3rd person mech shooters with its new single player only game, Beyond Flesh and Blood. It’s a sci-fi, action/adventure game with horror overtones and a lot of gory combat to boot.
Manchester based developer, Pixel Bomb Games, is creating a fun, yet serious game set on a dystopian Earth where cybernetics, political instability and environmental disasters (meteorite hitting the planet) have plunged society into chaos. The action is gritty, fast-paced and tactical as players will have to be strategic with how they use their weapons at hand, and use the environment to their advantage in order to defeat intelligent and ruthless enemies.
Pixel Bomb aim to create a dark, yet beautiful post apocalyptic world with stunning environments, set in the British city of Manchester. Iconic landmarks are scattered around the world, taken over by nature, as well as the roaming clans and bandits left on Earth.
After playing the demo, the game is definitely heading along the right path and captures the feeling of a destroyed forgotten world with an interesting history and lore to learn about. You can download the demo here.
Combat is fun and explosive as you destroy enemies, often with ease in you mech suit, using an array of weapons, and your own fist, to shoot, explode and throw enemies around multi-layered levels.
Here are more details on the game from the Steam Green Light page for Beyond: Flesh and Blood.
- PLUNGE into an urban war zone, rip through enemies in an high-impact shooter on your mission to regain strategic control of the city.
- RESTORE the signal up-link to the Tree of Life and work with the U.G.R. to deploy and repair additional towers.
- FIGHT any forces that stand in your way; upgrading your mech with high-spec weapon systems.
- USE your Tactical Combat Frame (T.C.F.) to gain intel by hacking into security systems and solving strategic puzzles.
- UNLOCK diverse locations, advance your abilities, and fight grand scale battles beyond anything you’ve ever encountered before. From the moment you start playing, this becomes your world.
Have a look at the new trailer released by Pixel Bomb in celebration of being Green lit, and give us your thoughts on whether you think it can bring back the third person, mech shooter genre.
You can find more screenshots and videos of Beyond: Flesh and Blood on Pixel Bomb’s website and follow their development on their blog.
Beyond: Flesh and Blood is set to release in Q4 2015 and is coming out for Xbox One, PS4, PC and Linux.