Connect with us

News

Dice to continue supporting Battlefield 3 despite Battlefield 4 announcement

Published

 on

It should come as no surprise to anyone that with the success of EA’s Battlefield 3 that a sequel would soon be announced, the question was just a matter of when. Well EA has officially announced Battlefield 4 today, being developed by Sweden based DICE studio. Beyond the announcement of the game however, nobody is saying anything. There are still 3 more DLC packs to arrive for Battlefield 3 so its clear we won’t get much Battlefield 4 news any time soon.

The report right from EA DICE directly goes on to say:

“There is no further Battlefield 4 news at this point,” reads a post from DICE on the Battlefield 4 subpage. “With the Back to Karkand and Close Quarters expansion packs already out, Armored Kill around the corner, and End Game and Aftermath still on the horizon, we’re looking forward to many more hours of gameplay with you, and can’t wait to see the stories you will tell through Battlelog and player created videos.”

After the MOH series, EA set out to match its competition’s annual shooter, Call of Duty with Battlefield 3 and was met with much success. Currently EA is focusing attention on their upcoming Medal of Honor game and EA’s Los Angeles-based Danger Close studio is in charge of the series. Both Battlefield and MOH use the Frostbite 2.0 engine developed by DICE, while Danger Close says the next MOH game will use the DICE Battlelog system as well. While sales have been in high numbers and everyone is in good spirits, EA has yet to beat Call of Duty which is the powerhouse for Activision.

News

Telltale Games Catalog to be Removed From GOG Next Week

Published

 on

Telltale

Fans of the late developer Telltale Games should hurry to pick up its games quick, as PC players may not be able to buy the titles for much longer.

Digital retailer GOG has announced that Telltale’s game will be listed from the store’s website come May 27.

The Wolf Among Us, Tales from the Borderlands, and Batman: The Enemy Within are just a few of the titles that will fall victim to the delisting. Tales from the Borderlands specifically was already removed from Steam sometime this week.

Fans of Telltale’s Borderlands spin-off have a sliver of hope however, as 2K says that it is working to bring the title back to digital platforms as soon as it can. A 2K spokesperson confirmed the news to Eurogamer.

“We are working to get Tales from the Borderlands back up on digital storefronts as soon as possible. All prior digital purchases of the game will of course still be honoured and supported.”

There is no word on if the same will happen over at Steam or other digital retailers, but fans should assume the worst. The internet-wide delisting is a result of Telltale’s demise late last year.

Though much of the Telltale catalog will be affected, its most influential title, The Walking Dead, will still be made available through the Epic Games Store.

Those who already own any of the games delisting next week should note that they will still be able to play the games as they please.

For more on story-driven games, keep up with OnlySP on FacebookTwitter, and YouTube. Also, be sure to join the discussion in the community Discord server.

Continue Reading