Fallen Angel, a new hack-and-slash RPG project from Matrioshka Games, was recently put up for funding on Kickstarter with a $20,000 goal.
In developer Matrioshka’s first-ever Kickstarter title, players take on the role of Lucifer and attempt to return to the Kingdom of Heaven as they fight through fast-paced combat.
On its project page, Fallen Angel‘s combat system is described as having “an aerial flare inspired by games like Bayonetta and Devil May Cry.”
The game will feature seven unique realms where players will need to defeat the Archangel boss guarding each. These realms feature a nostalgic, 2D pixel art style, inspired by other indies such as Hyper Light Drifter and Wizard of Legend.
Check out a trailer for the game’s alpha version below.
Some of the game’s other features highlighted on the project page are as follows:
- Play with a friend in two-player local co-op.
- Knock enemies into the air to juggle them.
- Counter enemies with a perfect parry to stun and execute them
- Unlock new weapons and abilities by defeating Archangels and consuming their soul.
- Converse with fully voiced Archangels and NPCs to learn about the mysteries of heaven.
- Equip items that add special effects to certain abilities.
- Discover hidden areas by ledge grabbing and climbing.
Check out Fallen Angel‘s Kickstarter project description for more information, including details about its story, art, and development team.
A minimum pledge of USD$12 will secure backers a copy of the game on release, and with just a few hours of the project’s first day passed, Fallen Angel has already received USD$2,700 in funding.
Although the game’s Kickstarter page does not offer much in terms of launch details, Fallen Angel‘s press page suggests launches on itch.io and Steam, with Nintendo Switch and Xbox One to be announced, and Android and iOS as “upcoming platforms.” Neither its release date nor launch price have yet been revealed.