IMakeGames has revealed its next game Rifter, a fast-paced platformer with a focus on momentum and action.
Development is being led by Maximilian Csuk, who has drawn inspiration from titles such as Dust Force, Sonic the Hedgehog, Bionic Commando and Hotline Miami, to create gameplay that lets the player ‘run, swing, smash, and dash at exhilarating speeds.’ From the neon backdrops to the synthwave music, Rifter appears to be heavily influenced by the look and feel of the 1980s.
The game is slated to feature over 90 stages, 30 upgrades, new skills, and a leaderboard. Meanwhile, enemies will be diverse in type, and the title will have massive boss battles to challenge the player. The central mystery surrounds the identity of the eponymous Rifters and why the planet is covered in cracks.
According to the latest trailer, Rifter will be released in July on Linux, Mac, and PC, making it the second game from IMakeGames following 2015’s Nubs’ Adventure.
Persona 5 Royal Releases Early Next Year
Atlus USA has announced the western release date for Persona 5 Royal.
During the Atlus Art Show in Los Angeles, artist Shigenori Soejima discussed his work on both the Persona and Catherine series. Additionally, Atlus presented a short trailer with the release date of (the northern hemisphere’s) spring 2020 at the end. That means the game should launch at some point between March and May next year.
Persona 5 originally came out in western territories on April 4, 2017 for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. Persona 5 Royal will be an enhanced re-release with new content, including new scenarios, attacks, and music.
Persona 5 Royal will release on October 31 in Japan and Spring 2020 in the west for PlayStation 4.
- Persona 5 Royal Releases Early Next Year on
- New Saints Row Is “Deep In Development” on
- Everspace Developer Teases New Open-World Space Shooter on
- SEGA Will Announce a AAA Title at Gamescom 2019 on
- The Outer Worlds: Players Can Kill Everyone, But Creating So Many Variables Is ‘Insanely Hard’ on
- E3 Website Contained Public Spreadsheet of Over 2,000 Attendees’ Personal Information on
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey’s Dive into Mythology Alleviates Its Greatest Misstep on
- GreedFall Announces Pre-Order Bonuses and 4K Support on