Although Square Enix and People Can Fly’s new shooter Outriders is described as a co-op game, it can be played entirely solo.
The game’s director Bartosz Kmita appeared at Square Enix’s E3 press conference via a pre-recorded video to provide some baseline details about the project.
One of the most tantalising pieces of information is that Outriders will feature “a strong story.” The game takes place on a distant, dangerous planet called Enoch, and the characters will set out to find a “mysterious signal.”
Kmita also described Outriders as “a dark modern shooter” that the team has “wanted to make for a very long time.”
Further details will be revealed towards the end of this year, with the game set to arrive in the northern hemisphere’s summer 2020.
The game will launch on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
Halo Infinite Creative Director Leaves 343 Industries
Tim Longo, the creative director for Halo Infinite, has left 343 Industries.
According to Kotaku, Longo moved to a different role in 343 Industries a few weeks ago and then left the company for good this week.
In his place, executive producer Mary Olson will take over the responsibilities of the Campaign team as the lead producer. The studio head of Halo Infinite, Chris Lee, will still be in charge of the game’s overall creative vision and production.
Microsoft assured that Longo’s departure would not impact the game’s late 2020 release window and will still launch alongside the next Xbox platform, currently codenamed Project Scarlett.
Longo was also the Creative Director for Halo 5, as well as had previously worked on games such as Star Wars: Republic Commando and 2013’s Tomb Raider.
For all the latest on Halo and much more from the world of single-player gaming, be sure to bookmark OnlySP and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. You can also join the discussion in our community Discord server
- New Saints Row Is “Deep In Development” on
- Everspace Developer Teases New Open-World Space Shooter on
- SEGA Will Announce a AAA Title at Gamescom 2019 on
- The Outer Worlds: Players Can Kill Everyone, But Creating So Many Variables Is ‘Insanely Hard’ on
- E3 Website Contained Public Spreadsheet of Over 2,000 Attendees’ Personal Information on
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey’s Dive into Mythology Alleviates Its Greatest Misstep on
- GreedFall Announces Pre-Order Bonuses and 4K Support on
- OnlySP’s Favorite Games #10—Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II on