The Stardew Valley modding scene has been alive and well for years, but players may have never seen a mod with as much as ‘Stardew Valley Expanded’ has to offer.
Version 1.0.13 of ‘Stardew Valley Expanded’ addresses the following (from its official notes):
- Fixed an issue where the SBV map names weren’t matching the names in NPC Map Locations, preventing the SBV minimap from loading.
- Changed an interactable “area” on a certain “map.” There was an issue where players couldn’t equip certain “things” after a certain “action.” New “things” are now available in place of the old “things.”
- Fixed a graphical glitch with the pet bowl on IF2R. There were little “green pixels” to the right of the pet bowl. These have been removed.
- Fixed the ambient sound effects in Morris’ event while it’s raining.
- Removed three static trees on the Backwoods map. They were preventing adequate vision when traversing the path.
While these are all minor bug fixes, the mod’s changelogs are public for everyone to see how actively it is being maintained.
For anyone just now hearing about ‘Expanded’, the amount of content that it adds to the game can be overwhelming.
“This mod features 10 new locations, 38 new character events, over 400 location messages, reimagined maps and festivals (all maps), remastered Immersive Farm 2, a new town map reflecting all changes, and many miscellaneous additions!”
The mod’s official page has a section-by-section breakdown—hidden with spoiler tags—of every way that ‘Expanded’ changes Stardew Valley for the better.
‘Expanded’ offers brand-new gameplay and visuals that help refresh the title, and the mod’s author recommends that players start a new save file to get the most from it. Both Windows and Mac users can check out the official installation guide to get started.
For all the latest on Stardew Valley and much more from the world of single-player gaming, be sure to bookmark OnlySP and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. You can also join the discussion in our community Discord server.