Kingart Games has launched the Kickstarter campaign for their upcoming single player fantasy RPG The Dwarves today and is looking for $260,000 to fund the project.
The initial set of gameplay details for the game can be found just below:
- Learn all about the coolest fantasy race out there
- Explore a huge game world with an ever-growing group of companions
- Experience an epic story with many optional side-quests and tough decisions
- Discover unique traits about your 15 different companions and improve their skills
- Fight against hundreds of enemies in epic real-time battles that combine dynamic action and tactical depth
Details on the game’s storyline are pretty light at the moment since it is such a large component of the game, but what makes The Dwarves unique from other top down action games is the physics based combat. Kingart explains, “[the] Crowd Combat System uses physical parameters like mass, dimension and momentum of individual characters to calculate a realistic flocking behavior. If an enemy in the front is hurled into an ally behind him, the information instantaneously travels across the entire group and causes them to react accordingly – everyone is affected. That results in a very natural and cool-looking behaviour for the whole enemy crowd. Everybody pushes and shoves, squeezes and stumbles all at the same time.”
We’ll be sure to keep you updated on the status of The Dwarves’ Kickstarter campaign, so stay tuned to OnlySP for all the latest.
Currently The Dwarves is planned for a release on the PC, Xbox One and PS4 in mid-2016.