The main focus of the site is clear and concise: We want to focus solely on the single-player aspects of video games. That includes storylines, character development, campaign concept & design, and interviewing developers about how they plan and create their games’ single-player experience, among many other aspects of the single-player development cycle.
Now, if you’re beginning to wonder about why a site like this is being created, do a simple Google search for “Single Player Gaming Website”. You’ll be hard-pressed to find a website that offers a dedicated and up to date picture of single-player based news reporting and writing. We want to offer our readers insightful articles about anything single-player, simply because no one else will.
– Kyle Bailey (Site Manager & Editor-In-Chief)
Overview of what will be focused on
Main focus of OnlySP.com:
– Developer Interviews to focus on story etc.
– Details on campaigns
– Character Development
– Campaign news etc
– Game Previews
– Reviews – will be done a little differently, focusing more on storylines, character relationships and development, plus the normal stuff.
Working at Onlysp.com will be a fun and relaxing environment. As long as we have a steady stream of new content each and every day (except Sunday) Nick is a pretty happy guy. To write or work with OnlySP, you need the following attributes:
– Respectful to all gamers regardless of favorite console type or game. A gamer is a gamer and everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
– Committed to helping OnlySP continue to grow and prosper. This involves coming up with new ideas for the site, keeping in contact with site visitors and replying to their comments and anything else that contributes to the site.
– If you are applying to be a writer you need to be an exceptional writer and supply us with a piece of your best work. Which will be reviewed by the Editor-In-Chief, Kyle Bailey.
BACKGROUND ON NICK – PAST EDITOR THOUGHTS ABOUT THE OWNER
Loc Karr (Media Producer) – “One of the most relevant and informative gaming websites to date. On par with IGN and others. The staff is very inviting and friendly, definitely the best working environment I’ve taken part in.”
Micah McLeod (Writer) – “In my time working for Nick at Velocity Gamer, I immediately noticed that he is completely dedicated to making VG the best that it can possibly be, giving hours of his personal time to continually make improvements. As a writer, he freely allows us to write what we feel is newsworthy and make our own editorials and features, with our own gaming opinions. His management style lets the staff be individuals but also be a team that gels together. If you have a love for games and want to write about them, then you’ll feel very welcome working with us Velocity Gamer.”
David Nelson (Editor in Chief) – ”Nick and VelocityGamer provide plenty of leeway for creativity and editorial opinion while still maintaining an environment for thoughtful discourse and important news. I see great potential for this site and I think anyone who spends some time with us will agree we are different here.”
SKYPE NAME (RECOMMENDED FOR LIVE INTERVIEWS):
WHY DO YOU WANT TO WORK AT ONLYSP.COM:
HOW COMMITTED WILL YOU BE?
WHAT PLATFORMS DO YOU HAVE ACCESS TO?:
INTERESTED IN DOING MEDIA WORK?:
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE WRITE THEM OUT:
SENT TO firstname.lastname@example.org
INCENTIVES: Review copies of games, developer interviews, contacts in the industry, EXPERIENCE!
*Your position at OnlySP is volunteer, but we treat it as a paid job. We want Onlysp to go places and to do that we need committed writers. Nick is dedicated beyond belief to make OnlySP a hot spot for gamers around the world to share their opinions with valuable insight and content. This website is passionate about progress and we want writers who want to contribute to that passion.